| SR-25 |
Rifle SR-25 was developed in 1990 by designer rifles AR-10 and AR-15 Eugene Stoner (SR abbreviation stands for Stoner Rifle - Rifle Stoner system) with the participation of U.S. arms firm CAS (Knight's Armament Company, of Vero Beach , Florida, USA).
SR-25 is structurally a combination of AR-10 rifle, and AR-15.
Rifle SR-25 uses the vapor-automatic removal of powder gases in the body of the bolt (Stoner system). Locking barrel by turning the bolt having 7 lugs.
| Caliber, mm || 7,62 x51 NATO |
| Length mm || 1118 |
| Barrel length, mm || 600 |
| Weight empty, kg || 4.88 |
| Muzzle velocity |
Bullets, m / s
| 825 |
| Capacity, |
| 5, 20 |
| Effective range |
| 800 |
The receiver consists of two halves connected by transverse pins and made of a special aluminum alloy. Rifle barrel cantilevered and does not apply to forearm, which ensures the stability of the shooting. On top of the receiver and handguard rails are made of type Picatinny rail for mounting sights and other accessories.
trigger mechanism allows only shooting single shots, optimized for accurate shooting.
On top of the slide boxes arranged guide rail type M1913 in order to install different fasteners for optical or collimator sights or carrying handle with built-in mechanical (diopter) sight.
Established sights include folding front and rear sights set on the quick brackets; diopter rear sight adjustable for range up to 600 meters. In the daytime, "military" options are used with the optical sight firm Leupold variable multiplicity 3,5-10X. At night, you can use various night and infrared sights.
All combat rifle variants also equipped removable folding bipod firm Harris, quick shot sound silencer, shoulder strap, carrying case and other necessary accessories.
Unlike similar rifles AR-10 Company "Arma-Lite" in the SR-25 used a different design shops (including the original version of the AR-10 rifle sample in 1954, with a characteristic "waffle" embossings ribs on the surface) , no special spring that protects against accidental firing pin pricks when striking the primer of the cartridge and drop weapons, set back-action spring and buffer device original design.
When maintaining the same caliber as that of AR-10, SR-25 rifle has about 60% of the total parts providing its unification with assault rifles series Ml6, the armament of the U.S. Armed Forces. This is partly determined the choice of U.S. military experts when deciding on adoption of new self-loading rifles sniper 7.62 (created on the basis of SR-25 Match) replace obsolete M21 (based on the M14).
Sniper (sport and target) modification of SR-25 Match was launched in 1992 in response to the American military command to create a support weapon for the sniper teams (second issue sniper weapon pairs). Also thanks to precision shooting, on which it is not inferior to rifles with the sliding bolt and manually operated, SR-25 Match can be used to solve independent tasks assigned sniper.
When using precision-targeted sports (sniper) ammunition SR-25 Match guarantee the accuracy of fire within one minute of arc, which corresponds to the standards adopted in the United States for sniper rifles (not more than one MOA). The design of these weapons used heavy free-floating stainless steel barrel. Bipod attached to the tubular tsevyu rifle, and it is itself made of glass fiber reinforced plastic, bracket attached to the receiver (receiver) without contact with the barrel.
Barrels for SR-25 produces a firm "Remington Arms." Similar trunks threaded type 5R (five grooves with rounded edges) are available for sniper rifles, M24, the production of which the company has established for NE and special operations forces (MTR) USA. Step rifling 1:11,25 (one turnover by 11.25 inches (285.75 mm). Capacity removable stores is five and 20 cartridges.
Later versions SR-25 Match equipped developed by CAS forearm with guide rail-type RAS (RAS - Rail Adapter System - adapter system (rails) rail-type standard Ml913 («Picatinny")) - model SR-25 RAS Free Floating Barrel, which allows, as the name implies model forearm, while preserving the scheme "free-floating barrel» (Free Floating Barrel) enable the installation of accessories in all rifle (scopes, bipods, laser pointer, infrared illumination devices, tactical flashlights, etc. ) having a guide rail mounting type M1913 standard. Weight forearm is 1 pound 3.8 ounces (0.561 kg). This model is structurally similar to the fore of the same company, which is equipped with a sniper rifle marines SAM-R - M-4 Match / Sniper Free Floating RAS.
sport target (sniper) rifle version of SR-25 Match has several modifications:
- SR-25 LMR (LMR - Lightweight Match Rifle - Match Play lightweight rifle) - sport-target rifle with several shorter compared to the basic modification of the rifle barrel length of 508 mm (20 inches). Can also be equipped with the gun SR-25 RAS Free Floating Barrel.
- Carabiner SR-25 SC (SC - Stoner Carbine - rifle system Stoner) - even more truncated version of SR-25 Match, which also set a shorter version forearm SR-25 RAS Free Floating Barrel.
interest in sniper modifications SR-25 showed, moreover, the U.S. Marines. In particular, in 2004, they personally tested Maj. Gen. Douglas V. O'Dell, resulting in armed scout snipers expeditionary forces marines adopted sniper rifle US Navy Mk11 Mod. 0 Sniper Weapon System, created based on the SR-25 Match.
Besides sports-targeting SR-25 rifle, the following modifications it:
- SR-25 Sporter - equipped with forearm, front sight assembly with venting, fixed buttstock and detachable carrying handle with mechanical sight, structurally-similar to those used in the M16A4 assault rifle, but unlike it has no automatic firing mode.
- SR-25 BR (BR - Battle Rifle - Combat Rifle) - rifle with folding (telescopic) butt, similar to that used in the M4A1 carbine. In contrast to SR-25 BR set handguard URX RAS (URX - Upper Receiver Extending - expansion of the top of the receiver), weighing 17.6 ounces (about 0.5 kg). This model of the part due to the redesigned mounting receiver eliminates the gap between the guide rail type on it and the top of the forearm, which was on the adapter type RAS previous versions of SR-25 Match. So when you install the forend of this model would be formed as a continuous guide rail type at the top of the weapon. At the same time, according to foreign sources, the lower part of the part can be removed for installation on M203 rifle grenade launcher. SR-25BR using sniper cartridge M118LR provides grouping is about 1.9 arc minutes (range hits 1.9 inches at 100 yards). Carbine equipped with folding (reclining) iron sights fixed on the guide rail type, which allow, if necessary, install additional different optical, collimating and night sights.
- SR-25 Carbine - shotgun with a barrel length of 406 mm, folding (telescopic) butt type "Crane" (collapsible (telescopic) butts "Crane" developed experts of the center ground operations of the U.S. Navy. Unlike standard of this type they have improved ergonomics thanks to the development of lateral surfaces) and forearm URX RAS. In comparison with the model SR-25 BR at this modification also changed form bridges between the neck and the store pistol grip hold weapons (this jumper can be removed for greater convenience when shooting (pulling the trigger) in winter gloves) with conventional weapons for this family line figured on (under the middle finger).
Sniper Rifles SR-25 Match were adopted by special forces U.S., Israel Defense Forces (IDF) and the Armed Forces of Australia. Besides SR-25 rifle was quite successful, it provides high accuracy and therefore became popular among civilian shooters in the United States, and among police snipers.